Apart from the 14th to 15th century tower, the remaining church is a rebuild in 1864-5 supervised by architect, William Fawcett. The cut-down nave/ tower screen is perhaps the only survivor of the mediaeval church. The 1679 Sir Ralph Bovey marble monument was moved from the old chancel to the new north chapel as well as the monument to Anthony Cage 1603 and Dorothy, his wife. Other monuments were added too. A wood carved cartouche to William Arthur Briscoe in the north chapel and a bronze statue of Christ and an angel at the west end of the nave. Everything appears to have been replaced for uniformity. Even a chime of 8 tubular bells were introduced into the tower. Originally a six in an eight chime rack, supplied by Harrington and Latham and Co in 1898 and then extended to 8 in 1903.
No grants applied for.