A small church with no division between nave and chancel, typical of the 13th century. The north wall (the vestry was added behind the north door in 1925) is probably even older. There is a fine 13th century font and a magnificent medieval stone altar slab, a rare survival of the changes required at the Reformation. The blind openings for two bells in the west wall are probably 17th century, (the oldest bell dating from 1630).
William White, architect for the 1869-70 restoration, submitted plans squeezing 75 seats into the nave and 10 more into the Chancel. The fine roof is his, but the chancel roof was renewed in 1981. The probably-12thc stem of the pillar piscina was found in a wall during White’s restoration and re-purposed. Either side of the altar are two wooden human-shaped figures with floral decoration, the remains of the rood erected atop the church roof by the vicar during the restoraion. The glass in the east window, probably by Westlake, was also inserted c.1870. The whole window was reset when the chancel was repaired and re-roofed. The glass in the south chancel window is by Kempe’s firm (1922). The west window glass, made by Wailes in the mid-1850s, rescued by the Stained Glass Repository from its original location, was inserted here as a second millennium project.
No grants applied for.