Remote and atmospheric despite the fact that it is known world-wide as the subject of a poem by T. S. Eliot. From the outside one sees a small and modest brick building. Note the date, 1714, on the obelisks above the gable. An intimate interior with woodwork of various dates all blending together. Note especially the late-medieval eagle lectern with an open beak once used to receive offerings and the early seventeenth-century brass Commandment tablets behind the altar.