St Peter’s has a round Norman tower, one of only two in Cambridgeshire. The nave clerestorey and six bay hammer beam roof is 15th century with richly carved figures of bishops and priests. The church was much restored in 1878 by Richard Reynolds Rowe, a clerk of works at Ely Cathedral. The Chancel, niches, east window, pulpit and chancel screen are all attributed to him. He was attempting to “improve” the church and had no concerns about introducing new materials, see the font for example.