St. Martin’s is a small 13th and early 14th century church with an unusual 15th century brick porch. The short, stocky early 14th century west tower partially collapsed in 1691 and was rebuilt in brick, as was much of the south aisle. The chancel contains several Early English lancet windows. The nave was probably originally without aisles.
The church is remarkable for two extraordinary survivors. The Perpendicular stone pulpit with its original stone steps is one of the few remaining in the entire country. The octagonal font may date to 1300 or earlier. Four of its sides are decorated with a censing angel, an eagle and two battling dragons.