Roof Alarm Grants
All grants are now via our online application portal. Decide which type of grant and click the button above.
Step one - Read the application notes
Historic churches and chapels of any Christian denomination in Cambridgeshire are eligible, provided they are likely to remain in use for public worship and be properly maintained for the foreseeable future.
NB: Work should not have been started before the Executive Committee has considered the application and, if an offer is made, the applicant accepts the contract.
For the cost of installing an alarm or CCTV system that meets the approval of your insurers, the maximum grant is £1,000.
Interest-free loans up to £4,000 may be offered for an alarm, dependent on the ability of the applicant to repay them. Loans are normally repayable by equal annual instalments over a period of 4 years, but can be repaid earlier.
The Trust aims to help those who are most in need of outside support. We have regard to the following factors:
- The importance of the work in preserving the building as a place of regular worship
- The importance of the building from an architectural, historical or artistic point of view
- The scale of the project
- The funds available to the applicant, including grants offered by others, and the extent of self-help through fundraising activities
- Grants will not be paid until the end of the project. Please supply the Grants Secretary with a certificate of Practical Completion from the Contractor.
- Offers of financial assistance are entirely at the discretion of the Trust’s Executive Committee, which meets every two months (January, March, May, July, September and November).
- Please apply using the online application form or the downloadable form with the required supporting documentation.
- Offers will be made electronically, unless other arrangements are made. You will need to print, sign the contract and return to us by post, thereby acknowledging our terms.
- Churches are also expected to become members of CHCT (if not already) for a minimum 4 years at a cost of £50pa, payable in January each year.
- Loan finance will normally be made available as soon as your project starts.
Please enclose with your application:
- A survey report from the preferred alarm contractor which sets out the proposals.
Choose your application method
Step two - login or create an account
Register for a user account
An account is needed to keep track of your application. It will also enable you to save your application and continue later.
If you already have an account then login here.
Step three - make an application
If you are happy with the process and you have logged in with your user account then you can proceed to the application form.